Established in 1952 we have been providing professional services to clients for over 60 years, gaining great experience, knowledge, professionalism and an excellent reputation in the process. Our success as a leading property and construction consulting organisation is derived from consistently providing superior value to our clients and allowing them to achieve their building and accommodation objectives.
In April 2006 John Watson and Carter became part of V B Johnson LLP and continue to trade under their own name from their office in Kingston upon Hull. John Watson and Carter are a well respected firm of Chartered Surveyors with a long history of providing professional services having been established in 1887. The amalgamation strengthened our Quantity Surveying, Project Management and CDM Co-ordinator services and added the additional services of Building Surveying and Property Tax Consultancy.
In January 2009 V B Johnson LLP acquired DWA Partnership, a Watford-based professional practice established in 1984 providing financial, contractual and management services to the Construction Industry. The acquisition has increased our client base and provided additional expertise and depth to the services we provide.
We are located in three offices, one in Wakefield, West Yorkshire, one in Kingston upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire and one in Watford, Hertfordshire from where we provide both national and international coverage.
The partnership is Quality Assured to BS EN ISO 9001: 2008.
Membership is held of the following institutions:
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Association For Project Management
- Association Of Cost Engineers
- Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists
- Institute of Chartered Builders
V B Johnson is author and editor of the prestigious Laxton's Building Price Book. Established in 1817 and published annually, Laxton's is the UK's leading building price book containing a wealth of construction cost and industry related information. Laxton's is used by Building contractors, Subcontractors, Architects, Developers, Surveyors, Cost Consultants, Estimators, Clients, and all that are interested in procurement and cost of building.
We have a large client-base and much of our work is from repeat commissions. For details of our Clients, the sectors in which we work, and details of some of our projects go to our experience page.
Being a world class organisation means we:
- Are visionaries, continually keeping up-to-date with modern philosophy and methodology, and incorporate change when beneficial to the Client or ourselves
- Provide strong leadership
- Have extensive knowledge and experience
- Provide experienced and highly skilled personnel
- Understand the importance of teamwork and recognise that the strength of a team is greater than the summation of its individuals
- Endorse the concept of value, and appreciate that value is not the same as cheap
- Unlock the potential of people by development of skills
- Create an environment in which people can share and exchange ideas and work effectively in teams.
V B Johnson LLP is registered in England and Wales Partnership Number OC306567. Our registered office is:
- V B Johnson LLP
- 9-11 Castleford Road
- West Yorkshire
- WF6 2DP
V B Johnson LLP's VAT Number is 196 76 56 01