- Introduction and General Terms
- What information will V B Johnson LLP collect about me?
- How will V B Johnson LLP use the information they collect about me?
- When will V B Johnson LLP contact me?
- Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
- Will V B Johnson LLP share my personal information with anyone else?
- Offensive or inappropriate content on V B Johnson LLP website
- What if I am aged 16 or under?
- How long will V B Johnson LLP keep my personal information?
- Can I find out what personal information V B Johnson LLP holds about me?
In order to provide you with the full range of V B Johnson LLP's services, we are sometimes required to collect information about you.
- what information V B Johnson LLP may collect about you;
- how V B Johnson LLP will use information we collect about you;
- when V B Johnson LLP may use your details to contact you;
- whether V B Johnson LLP will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us.
The websites contains hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or are collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
Cookies may be set by the website you are visiting ('first party cookies') or they may be set by other websites who run content on the page you are viewing ('third party cookies').
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website's server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. It allows a website to remember things like your preferences or to speed up form filling by remembering previous appropriate information.
If you wish to restrict or block web browser cookies which are set on your device then you can do this through your browser settings; the Help function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of desktop browsers.
When you visit our website for the first time you will be asked if you are prepared to accept cookies in connection with our website. You are asked if you are willing to accept them. By using our website you are accepting the use of the cookies used by our website. Cookies will be stored for 30 days after which time you will be asked again. Our website will function without cookies, but they do provide a useful service to us in providing feedback to us on the use of our website.
When you sign up to participate in or receive a service from any vbjohnson.com website, such as newsletters or registration of products, we may ask for personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number. Different webpages may ask for different personal information.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable V B Johnson LLP and its service providers to provide you with the services you select.
V B Johnson LLP will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- for "service administration purposes", which means that V B Johnson LLP may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for, as set out in paragraph 5 below (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance);
- to contact you about a submission you have made to the websites, including any content you provide.
- to analyse and improve the services offered on vbjohnson.com.
Where V B Johnson LLP proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as listed above.
V B Johnson LLP may contact you:
- in relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that V B Johnson LLP can deliver the services to you;
- where you have opted to receive further correspondence;
- in relation to any contribution you have made to vbjohnson.com, e.g. on V B Johnson LLP message boards;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about V B Johnson LLP services (participation is always voluntary); and
- for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this (see paragraph 5 below)
Local pages will give you detailed information about how V B Johnson LLP will contact you in relation to specific services.
V B Johnson LLP won't contact you for marketing purposes, or promote new services to you unless you specifically agree to be contacted for these purposes.
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in paragraph 8 below. Generally, we will only use your information within V B Johnson LLP. However, if V B Johnson LLP needs to use third parties to process your information V B Johnson LLP will require these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and V B Johnson LLP will require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes.
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to vbjohnson.com, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on vbjohnson.com, V B Johnson LLP may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where V B Johnson LLP reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of England or Wales (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), V B Johnson LLP may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, e-mail/Internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to V B Johnson LLP's website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with V B Johnson LLP or V B Johnson LLP's corporate retention schedule (this is a database that defines which documents should be kept and for how long). In the case that you wish to cancel your registration as a vbjohnson.com member, once an account is deleted a red flag goes on the database and, while people cannot use the personal information, it stays on the system for a period of one year for administration purposes before being deleted automatically.
Where you contribute to vbjohnson.com V B Johnson LLP will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information V B Johnson LLP holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge £10 for information requests and will require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved photographic identification.) We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
- V B Johnson LLP
- 9-11 Castleford Road
- West Yorkshire
- WF6 2DP